- Be faithful in fulfilling your commitment. If you are unable to make the
scheduled time you have committed to please contact the Volunteer Department and
soon as you can.
- If the number of Volunteers in your group changes please notifiy that person you
have scheduled your project with. If you bring extra volunteers we will not have
extra projects available.
- Volunteers younger than 18 need to be accompanied by a parent or adult chaperon.
One adult per 5 volunteers under 18.
- Please do not give any money or gifts to residents, their families or friends.
If you are asked for something, please notify the department supervisor or your
Also, please do not promote or solicit your own business enterprise, political
agenda or religious beliefs while volunteering with us. Solicitation for a
private charity is also prohibited.
- We consider theft to be the unauthorized use of agency services or facilities
or the taking of any agency or resident’s property for personal use.
- Grace Centers of Hope volunteers receive free parking during the day in the lot
located at 90 University. If you should damage another car while parking or
leaving, immediately report the accident, along with the license numbers of both
vehicles and any other pertinent information to your volunteer coordinator.
Grace Centers of Hope does not assume any liability for any loss or damages you
may sustain. PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN STAFF PARKING SPOTS.
- Appropriate dress is required at all times. Casual dress is accepted, but you
must dress neatly, clean and conservative. During the summer months
flip-flops and Sandals are not
allowed, shorts and skirts
must be knee length and shirts must cover the shoulder for safety reasons. No
mid-riff, halter tops, low cut shirts, spandex or legging type pants are
allowed. If you fail to meet dress persons can result in dismissal from service.
- Grace Centers of Hope has a ZERO TOLERANCE DRUG POLICY.
There is absolutely no drug use or sales of any kind allowed on the Grace
Centers of Hope premises. Any person caught with drugs on the premises with be
asked to leave immediately, and authorities will be contacted.
- Grace Centers of Hope intends to provide a volunteer environment that is
pleasant, healthful, comfortable, and free from intimidation, hostility or other
offenses that might interfere with volunteer performance. Harassment of any sort
– verbal, physical, and visual – will not be tolerated.
- Grace Centers of Hope (GCH ) is very fortunate to have hundreds of volunteers
to help prepare and serve meals, paint, landscape and repair our facilities and
other assigned duties, which results in savings to GCH of thousands of dollars.
While performing these duties the volunteers work side by side with our
residents. We want our residents to be polite and welcoming to our volunteers,
but under no circumstance should there be any attempt to establish a personal
relationship with a volunteer inside or outside GCH. This includes obtaining
personal contact information. If the volunteer attempts to establish a personal
relationship the resident should politely explain this policy and advise the
Volunteer Coordinator. There could be a situation whereby a relationship could
be more personal than a normal volunteer and resident working relationship such
as counselor, mentor/mentee. In such cases both the Volunteer Coordinator and
the Program Director must approve the relationship in writing. If anyone has
knowledge of a relationship which violates this policy, it should be reported to
the Volunteer Director.
Click here download the
Volunteer Handbook and Application